Sometimes, a TV show wouldn’t be as successful if not for the portrayal of its villains and bad guys. If I were to list my top 5 bad guys on TV it would be this:
- Walter White/Heisenberg, Breaking Bad - Not the show’s antagonist but still my favorite bad guy on TV.
- Zuko, The Last Airbender - the villain with the best redemption arc (and many would agree)
- Light Yagami/Kira, Death Note - a genius bad guy who also happens to be the main protagonist of the show
- Johan Liebert, Monster - the anime adaptation of Naoki Urasawa’s manga captured the thrills of its source material, and while Johan is mostly a no-show in the whole series, his sinister presence is always looming over Dr. Tenma.
- Petyr Baelish/Littlefinger, Game of Thrones - a cunning character that I think was not given justice in the show. He was a main player, and the mind showdown between him and Varys is one of my fave parts in the GOT canon. But both characters were simply discarded. So here I am, still waiting for Winds of Winter.
How about you, which bad guys made it to your top 5?